Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow pictures from Florida and Alabama!!

Yes, you read the title correctly, it snowed here yesterday!! :-)

Well, I don't know if it snowed at our house, cause we were in Dothan AL (Mama had a Eye Doctor Appointment), where the snow was 2-4 inches deep!! We all had so much fun!!  As I was getting Joseph dressed that morning, I told him we were going to Dothan and we would probably see some snow he said "Snow? Like in the movies?" :-)  Our five youngest ones have never seen, or have seen but don't remember seeing snow before... ;-)

Here are the pictures we captured of the beautiful snow!
On our way to the Eye Doctor,
The flowers in front of the Mall (the eye doc is in the mall)
A close-up... it's so weird to see colorful flowers, and snow together!
While Mama was in the Mall, we dressed up in our warmer clothes and played in the little bit of snow on the grassy area by the parking lot.
Nehemiah dressed and ready to go!
MaryVance enjoying the snow!
Joseph,

Nehemiah discovering what this cold stuff feels like!
"Smile!"
I love the way he's looking at the snow in this one!
They built a baby snowman!
Isn't he cute?!

After this we got back in the van, took off all the coats, hats, and mittens and watch Roy Rogers till Mama got back. Then we drove to Burger King for lunch, we ate in the van on the way to Ozark AL where it was snowing a lot more!

This was taken in Dothan at Burger King,
At the Rest Area in Ozark...
I stood under a pavilian taking pictures, cause I didn't want the camera to get all 'snowy'!
A Snowman... no we didn't build it, and I don't know if you can tell, but he has a pinecone Mohawk!



Looked like that truck had been sitting there for quite a while!
Snowball fights!
I didn't join in till it was almost time to go... Caleb didn't know I was playing, so I snuck up behind him and 'gently' threw a very hard snowball at him.... and he got me back... I actually came home with a bruise from it! Not very surprising though, I bruise v.e.r.y easily!
Trees...


And this last picture really cracks me up!!! "Florida, the Sunshine State" covered with SNOW!! :-D


Well, that's all, I hope you enjoyed viewing our day through pictures! And Joseph is still thanking God for "diving us the snow"!

5 comments:

Jennifer Bates said...

AWSOME pictures Molly! I really LIKE the last one L.O.L.

Ruth Ann said...

oh the pretty snow! the last picture cracks me up, I love it! =) we had snow in 1989 when I was 2. needless to say I do not remember it, and it may have been 1 or 2 inches, therefore not much! none of the rest of us have seen snow after that...

the snowman is so cute; how neat that y'all could enjoy the snow!

Su said...

I can honestly say that I'm GLAD you got some of this snow! ;-) Last week, we were pretty much stuck at home because of the snow. It's just amazing how much snow we've gotten this year. I'm so glad that y'all got to play in it and have some fun. ;-) That last picture is really neat... I have one similar... a FL licence plate with like, four inches of snow all around it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Molly! I'm happy you all had fun! The snowman you guys made is so cute!!

Hope you are all able to have many more adventures with the snow!

(=Paige=)

Ashley said...

Last winter, I took a picture of our license plate that says something like 'sunny Florida' or something along that lines, and it was all iced over!