Wednesday, December 1, 2010

1 John 4:7

This verse (among many others) has really been on my heart lately. The passage goes on to say: "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another."

1 John 4:7-11 is the passage that my younger siblings have been memorizing lately, so hearing it more has helped me to really listen to what is says. I find myself quoting verse 8 over and over in my head through out the day... "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."
It's so hard sometimes to remember to love, to really love one another with the kind of love that God has for us, but I find this passage very helpful in that area. I think it's really neat how God will give us a certain verse or passage to read and think about just at the right time, do you know what I mean? God is so good!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I know -exactly- what you mean! It's been awhile since I've visited your blog, and apparently THIS is why I was prompted to come this morning. What a beautiful reminder, at the perfect time! Thank you =)